Some little things I have been enjoying lately…
- The cup of English tea (nothing fancy – PG Tips) and fresh double chocolate chip hazelnut biscotti that is accompanying it as I type this.
- Nick Drake
- Sour cream coffee cake, fresh out of the oven and HOT CROSS BUNS from the bakery where I work – they are truly heavenly.
- Modern Family and the Spilled Milk podcast, because they make me laugh tremendously
- The Food Network’s new show, “The Best Thing I Ever Ate”
- Hot Yoga. Why I (and anyone else for that matter) would voluntarily choose to subject themselves to 90 minutes of strenuous stretching and poses in an 105 degree room, crowded with half-naked people who are literally dripping sweat from head to toe, for an entire 90 minutes is beyond me. It is the hardest thing I’ve ever done (so far). However, I went again today (my second time) and walking out of that studio and into the refreshing cool spring evening, and the way I felt afterwards, my skin glowing and feeling empowered and new made it worth every minute. I find myself wanting to go back very soon (if my poor joints allow it)!
- How lovely the weather has been lately, the bradford pear trees in bloom and the fact that I can wear flip flops again and liberate my happy toes and feet.
- The song “Where the Road Meets the Sun” – by Katie Herzig and Matthew Perryman Jones
- I am excited about the idea of visiting the farmer’s market, grilling, eating outside, going strawberry picking, and making crumbles, cobblers, crisps and pies and very soon. I absolutely love spring and summer recipes. I can’t wait for peach season, corn on the cob, blackberries and cherries. I long for this time of year, especially since I don’t live in California or France and don’t have access to a farmer’s market all year-round. It’s hard enough trying to find wild-caught fish around here! This is totally the kind of thing that sells me the most on moving to Europe. I’d do it in a heartbeat, just for the markets.
- Homemade pizza with prosciutto, fresh mozzarella and caramelized red onions – (thank you Ree Drummond). This is my new favorite pizza. Really, it’s amazing. I also adore Ree’s sense of humor and her shameless love for good (not necessarily so healthy) food. Her blog is one of my favorites and I love her step by step photo tutorials she posts with each recipe. She’s a cool chick.
Now it’s time to do some flipping (through my boyfriend’s old issues of Gourmet, Food and Wine, and Bon Appetit). Can I just say how awesome I think it is that he even has these in his possession?